Pulling Back the Curtain on an Inconvenient Truth
Investor Insights, April 27th, 2018
Five Things You Should Know
- Equity Markets – were slightly down this week with U.S. stocks (S&P 500) down -0.01% and international stocks (EAFE) down -0.10%.
- Fixed Income Markets – were mixed with investment grade bonds (AGG) up 0.01% while high yield bonds (JNK) were down -0.29%.
- U.S. Treasury Rates – hit 3% this week as the bearish narratives vacillate between claiming the yield curve is flattening one minute, and then steepening too quickly the next. While important to monitor the hyperbole is definitely premature at best.
- History in Korea – at a historic summit between North and South Korea Friday, the two leaders agreed to end a seven-decade war AND pursue a complete denuclearization of the peninsula. Other global leaders expressed their support and excitement at the latest developments.
- Key Insight – What you are invested in should reflect a diversified mix of proven managers chosen specifically for your goals and style, not an advisor/broker’s ego or outdated value proposition. Approximately 85-95% of U.S. stock fund managers fail to beat their benchmark*, and in any case what clients really need are wealth managers focusing on the big picture… we explore in the video above.
To read the full article/watch the video, click below!